Vestibular Rehabilitation / Vertigo
- DOES YOUR ROOM SPIN?
- Do quick movements cause you to lose balance?
- Does rolling over in bed make you feel like you are falling?
- Do you have to take a few seconds to steady yourself after bending over?
- Do you mostly sleep on one particular side of your body at night?
- Did your symptoms come from seemingly nowhere?
If you answered yes to at least 2 of these questions you may be suffering from a treatable condition called BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo).
Many times people attribute these symptoms to a normal part of aging. This causes people to avoid physical activity, social events with friends and family, and experience a decreased quality of life.
It is important to note that there are many ways an individual can feel “dizzy”. A simple screen by your Doctor can rule out serious conditions, and also steer you in the right direction for appropriate treatment options. Physical Therapy has been proven to be very effective at treating certain conditions that cause dizziness. At Dan Wyand PT and Associates we have qualified staff that can help you get back on the right track.
Remember… it is NOT always “just a part of getting older”.